- Legislation by Sen. Morrell Providing Financial Relief to Disabled Veterans Passed by State Senate
- San Bernardino County Museum Opens New Exhibit — Pulp Culture: A Juicy Tale in the Orange Empire
- City of Yucaipa Joins Calimesa in Celebrating Memorial Day at Desert Lawn Funeral Home
- City Now Accepting Community Activity Grant Applications for 2019/20 Grant Cycle
- Audition Dates for Yucaipa Little Theatre’s Musical “Annie” Set for May 28 and 29
American Red Cross and city of Yucaipa hosting lifeguarding classes
Are you interested in applying for prospective employment as a lifeguard? Get a head start and get certified as a lifeguard through classes offered by the American Red Cross and the city of Yucaipa.
Classes will include videos, group discussion and hands-on instruction and practice where you’ll learn rescue and surveillance skills, teamwork, first aid and CPR as well as the use of the automated external defibrillator (AED) and other skills needed in order to work as a professional lifeguard. After successfully completing the classes participants will be certified in lifeguarding, first aid, CPR and AED.
Prerequisites for the lifeguarding classes include completing the following: 300-yard swim, 25-yard brick tow and treading water for two minutes. Successful completion of the prerequisites will be tested at the first class meeting.
Two classes session will be held in the coming months. The first session will be held Saturdays and Sundays, March 18, 19, 25 and 26; the second session will be held Thursday through Sunday, June 1 to 4. The March classes will be held 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; times vary for the June classes.
Classes are open for individuals ages 15 years and older. All classes will be held at 12385 7th St. in Yucaipa. Both sessions are available for $160 for Yucaipa residents and $192 for non-residents.