- CA Association of Counties awards San Bernardino with five best practice recognitions
- Free Hands-Only CPR Training at Crafton Hills College Next Thursday
- Cosmic Nights with the San Bernardino Valley Amateur Astronomers at the SBC Museum
- Rep. Paul Cook to Hold Information Session for Students Interested in Attending Military Academies
- SPARC, Inc. hosts Back to School events at two Yucaipa Millennium Mobile Home Communities
American Red Cross and city of Yucaipa hosting lifeguarding classes
Are you interested in applying for prospective employment as a lifeguard? Get a head start and get certified as a lifeguard through classes offered by the American Red Cross and the city of Yucaipa.
Classes will include videos, group discussion and hands-on instruction and practice where you’ll learn rescue and surveillance skills, teamwork, first aid and CPR as well as the use of the automated external defibrillator (AED) and other skills needed in order to work as a professional lifeguard. After successfully completing the classes participants will be certified in lifeguarding, first aid, CPR and AED.
Prerequisites for the lifeguarding classes include completing the following: 300-yard swim, 25-yard brick tow and treading water for two minutes. Successful completion of the prerequisites will be tested at the first class meeting.
Two classes session will be held in the coming months. The first session will be held Saturdays and Sundays, March 18, 19, 25 and 26; the second session will be held Thursday through Sunday, June 1 to 4. The March classes will be held 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; times vary for the June classes.
Classes are open for individuals ages 15 years and older. All classes will be held at 12385 7th St. in Yucaipa. Both sessions are available for $160 for Yucaipa residents and $192 for non-residents.