- Bring Your Children to the Kid’s Costume Contest at City Hall on Monday, Oct. 22
- Lace Up Your Running Shoes and Join this Sunday’s YAPS’s 5K and 0.3K Run/Walk Fundraiser
- Get Ready for the Great California ShakeOut Earthquake Drill scheduled for today
- San Bernardino Comm. College Dist. Receives Employment Training Contract to Upskill 3,200 Workers
- Prepare for this Year’s Flu Season — Get Your Flu Shot for Free!
All SBC Libraries celebrate Dr. Seuss and reading through March 4
Green Eggs and Ham, The Cat in the Hat, Hop on Pop and Oh, the Places You’ll Go are all familiar book titles to generations of American children and adults. And, the San Bernardino County Library and its 32 branch libraries are in the midst of a week-long celebration of reading and of the birthday of the beloved children’s author Dr. Seuss.
The seven-day festivities (Feb. 24 through March 4) celebrate both reading and Dr. Seuss and are supported by the Countywide Vision’s literacy campaign, Vision2Read and NEA’s (National Education Association) Read Across American initiative. NEA’s reading program is an annual reading initiative and awareness program calling for every child in every community to celebrate reading on March 2, Dr. Suess’s birthday.
The Yucaipa branch library – as part of the SBC library system – will host a fun program for families including crafts and, of course, reading favorite Dr. Seuss stories. Some branches in the library system will offer opportunity drawings and other activities which will vary from branch to branch.
For additional information on activities at the Yucaipa branch library, call 909-790-3146. The Yucaipa Library is located at 12040 5th St. in Yucaipa.