- Generation GO! Project Underway as High School Seniors Begin County-Planned Internships
- Community Calendar: February 18
- Rep. Paul Cook Issues Statement on Averting Another Partial Government Shutdown
- Yucaipa City Council to Consider Ordinance for Collecting Single-Family Waste and Recycling Fees
- Yucaipa Kindness Month Continues for the Entire Month of February
Yucaipa’s Winterfest is this Saturday!
If you and your family are looking for a way to begin celebrating the season, make plans to attend Yucaipa’s Winterfest this Saturday in Historic Uptown Yucaipa from 3 to 9 p.m. There will be activities for the whole family with plenty to do, music to entertain you, food vendors and a visit from the “right jolly old elf” himself!
Certain events will be available throughout the entire event including:
- Kids Zone which will include jumpers, making letters to Santa, making reindeer food, and more
- Snow Zone where 40 tons of snow will be dropped on California St. for people of all ages to enjoy! Specialty lanes will be made for individuals to slide down the snow on sleds.
- Merchandise Vendors featuring shopping from antiques to craft beer, clothing, books, etc.
- Food Vendors, which will be located on Yucaipa Blvd., east of California St., will feature all types of food sure to curb your hunger!
- The Beer Garden, located on California St., east of the roundabout and in front of the main stage, will offer beer, wine, and hot toddies. Tickets can be purchased on site only and only by adults 21 years of age (with valid ID) and older. All drinks are $6 (cash and cards will be accepted). Please note: All alcohol sales and consumption are restricted to the designated Winterfest Beer Garden and cannot be carried to any of the other event attractions.
Special events at specific times during Winterfest Include:
- Photos with Santa will be available from 3:00 to 5:15 p.m. and again from 6:15 to 9:00 p.m. at the California St. and Avenue A intersection. HO, HO, HO!
- The Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony will begin at 5:55 p.m. at the California St. Roundabout. Enjoy live music as Santa comes to town with our local fire and police departments. The Tree Lighting Ceremony will be lit at the roundabout at 6:00 p.m.
- The Y District is featuring something new this year: a movie under the stars! Stop by and watch your favorite holiday movie, ELF beginning at 7 p.m. on Yucaipa Blvd, west of the California St. roundabout.
- Live Music at the main stage located on Yucaipa Blvd. between California St. and Adams St. will feature a variety of free holiday-themed entertainment including;
- 5 p.m. Snowfall
- 5:45 p.m. Active Church
- 7:15 to 7:45 p.m. Yucaipa Dance
- 7:45 p.m. The Sugarplums
For additional information on “How to Fest” go to: http://yucaipa.org/recreation/city-events-festivals/yucaipa-winter-fest/how-to-fest/. Regardless of what else you do this weekend, take some time to begin celebrating the season with family, friends and neighbors at this year’s Yucaipa Winterfest.
P.S. Bundle up for this event as the projected weather forecast is for it to be a bit nippy on Saturday though no rain is forecast for the day.