- Legislation by Sen. Morrell Providing Financial Relief to Disabled Veterans Passed by State Senate
- San Bernardino County Museum Opens New Exhibit — Pulp Culture: A Juicy Tale in the Orange Empire
- City of Yucaipa Joins Calimesa in Celebrating Memorial Day at Desert Lawn Funeral Home
- City Now Accepting Community Activity Grant Applications for 2019/20 Grant Cycle
- Audition Dates for Yucaipa Little Theatre’s Musical “Annie” Set for May 28 and 29
Yucaipa Little Theatre to Present “Seussical the Musical” in August
And who doesn’t love Dr. Seuss and his books which have entertained children for decades? Better yet, Yucaipa Little Theatre will present six shows of “Seussical the Musical” in August.
The musical is based on the children’s stories of Dr. Seuss, with most of the plot based on Horton Hears a Who! while incorporating many other of the Dr. Seuss stories. After its Broadway debut in 2000 it has become a frequent production for schools and regional theatres.
The local presentation of the musical will be directed by Christine Presley and Assistant Director Kimberly Lungstrum. Ken Corona is the production’s musical director, Kristen Lungstrum is the stage manager and the musical is being choreographed by Koda Montoya and Matt Walsh.
The musical will be staged on Fridays, Aug. 17 and 24; Saturdays, Aug.18 and 25; and Sundays, Aug. 19 and 26. The Friday and Saturday shows will begin at 7:30 p.m. and the Sunday matinees will begin at 3:30 p.m. All shows will be presented at the Yucaipa Little Theatre at 34994 Avenue E in Yucaipa.
Tickets are on sale now at $15.00 per person plus a $2.89 fee. Tickets can be reserved at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/seussical-the-musical-tickets-46311573162?aff=es2. Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover are all accepted as payment.