- Generation GO! Project Underway as High School Seniors Begin County-Planned Internships
- Community Calendar: February 18
- Rep. Paul Cook Issues Statement on Averting Another Partial Government Shutdown
- Yucaipa City Council to Consider Ordinance for Collecting Single-Family Waste and Recycling Fees
- Yucaipa Kindness Month Continues for the Entire Month of February
Yucaipa Little Theatre to Present “Seussical the Musical” in August
And who doesn’t love Dr. Seuss and his books which have entertained children for decades? Better yet, Yucaipa Little Theatre will present six shows of “Seussical the Musical” in August.
The musical is based on the children’s stories of Dr. Seuss, with most of the plot based on Horton Hears a Who! while incorporating many other of the Dr. Seuss stories. After its Broadway debut in 2000 it has become a frequent production for schools and regional theatres.
The local presentation of the musical will be directed by Christine Presley and Assistant Director Kimberly Lungstrum. Ken Corona is the production’s musical director, Kristen Lungstrum is the stage manager and the musical is being choreographed by Koda Montoya and Matt Walsh.
The musical will be staged on Fridays, Aug. 17 and 24; Saturdays, Aug.18 and 25; and Sundays, Aug. 19 and 26. The Friday and Saturday shows will begin at 7:30 p.m. and the Sunday matinees will begin at 3:30 p.m. All shows will be presented at the Yucaipa Little Theatre at 34994 Avenue E in Yucaipa.
Tickets are on sale now at $15.00 per person plus a $2.89 fee. Tickets can be reserved at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/seussical-the-musical-tickets-46311573162?aff=es2. Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover are all accepted as payment.