- Bring Your Children to the Kid’s Costume Contest at City Hall on Monday, Oct. 22
- Lace Up Your Running Shoes and Join this Sunday’s YAPS’s 5K and 0.3K Run/Walk Fundraiser
- Get Ready for the Great California ShakeOut Earthquake Drill scheduled for today
- San Bernardino Comm. College Dist. Receives Employment Training Contract to Upskill 3,200 Workers
- Prepare for this Year’s Flu Season — Get Your Flu Shot for Free!
Yucaipa Chamber’s 26th Annual Golf Classic and Poker Run set for Friday, Nov. 3
Calling all Yucaipa area golfers and poker players! The 26th Annual Golf Classic and John B. Sharp Memorial Poker Run is fast approaching. This annual event is hosted by the Yucaipa Valley Chamber of Commerce (YVCC)and is scheduled for Friday, Nov. 3 at the Yucaipa Valley Golf Club at 33725 Chapman Heights Road in Yucaipa. The golf tournament will begin with a 10 a.m. shotgun start.
A portion of the tournament’s proceeds will be used to support the Yucaipa Valley Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Foundation to help local students attend college. The 2017 scholarship recipients were Daniel Coronado, Emily Hinckley and Savannah Horton.
The John B. Sharp Memorial Poker Run is held in honor of long-time Yucaipa Chamber volunteer John Sharp. All proceeds from the poker run will be donated directly to the scholarship foundation.
Registration for the golf tournament includes green fees, golf cart, goodie bag, awards dinner and contest prizes. Registration is $125 per player or $400 per team. Golfers will also have the opportunity to purchase a $20 Fun Card to include one mulligan, 25 raffle tickets, a putting contest, the longest drive and other activities. For non-golfers who wish to attend the awards dinner the fee is $25.
Sponsorship opportunities are available for this community event. All sponsors receive recognition at the event, on the Chamber’s website and at the awards dinner.
To register for the tournament and poker run, make reservations for the awards dinner or to inquire about remaining sponsorship opportunities, contact the YVCC at 909-790-1841.