- OmniTrans provides extensive transportation options in and around Yucaipa
- Senator Morrell to cohost annual Ark of Safety Forum on emergency preparedness
- Community Calendar: July 16
- Yucaipa Animal Placement Society recognizes Monica Harris as Volunteer of the Year
- Registration now open for Yucaipa’s 2018/2019 S.T.A.R.S. Program
Trout season stocking begins Thanksgiving weekend at Yucaipa Regional Park
Calling all fishermen and women! Stocking of 780 pounds of Rainbow Trout from Jesse Ranch and Chaulk Mound Trout will begin Thanksgiving weekend at five of San Bernardino County’s (SBC) Regional Parks including Yucaipa Regional Park.
Trout season runs from November through mid-April. Fishing permits specific to SBC’s Regional Parks must be purchased at the entry gate each day and must be in the angler’s possession at all times when fishing. Permits are valid at only the park where it is purchased. Anglers are to turn in the permit when leaving the park for the day.
Non-refundable fees for fishing at the SBC Regional Parks are:
- Park entry: Weekdays – 8 per vehicle; Weekends and Holidays – $10 per vehicle; $2 per pedestrian
- Fishing permits: $10 per person Monday – Thursday; $12 per person Friday – Sunday
The four other SBC Regional Parks to be stocked beginning Thanksgiving weekend – in addition to the Yucaipa Regional Park are the Glen Helen Regional Park, Cucamonga-Guasti Regional Park, Mojave Narrows Regional Park and Prado Regional Park. Anglers should note that stocked lakes are closed on Thursdays for stocking; non-stocked lakes remain open.
Winter fishing hours at SBC Regional Parks are 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m./dusk, Monday through Sunday. The Yucaipa Regional Park entrance is located at: 33900 Oak Glen Road in Yucaipa. For questions and additional information regarding Yucaipa Regional Park go to: http://cms.sbcounty.gov/parks/parks/yucaiparegionalpark.aspx or call: 909-790-3127.