- Legislation by Sen. Morrell Providing Financial Relief to Disabled Veterans Passed by State Senate
- San Bernardino County Museum Opens New Exhibit — Pulp Culture: A Juicy Tale in the Orange Empire
- City of Yucaipa Joins Calimesa in Celebrating Memorial Day at Desert Lawn Funeral Home
- City Now Accepting Community Activity Grant Applications for 2019/20 Grant Cycle
- Audition Dates for Yucaipa Little Theatre’s Musical “Annie” Set for May 28 and 29
Take a Hike Yucaipa! is Back This Saturday
Saturday, March 9 is the next Take a Hike Yucaipa! through Wildwood Canyon State Park. Although the address for Wildwood Canyon State Park is 12241 Canyon Drive in Yucaipa, organizers for Take a Hike Yucaipa! advice those planning to join the hike to look for the Take a Hike flags for the starting point of the hike.
The trails for Saturday’s hike are dog friendly for leashed dogs but the trails are not strollers friendly. The trails are regarded as suitable for all ages.
As always, hikers are urges to come prepared – wear comfortable clothes and shoes and bring water and snacks for each hiker. Be prepared for California’s variable weather – as needed bring sunglasses, sunscreen and a hat or, if needed, rain gear in the form of waterproof and/or water-repellant clothing, jackets, hats and/or umbrellas. Wearing warm jackets and/or windbreakers is advisable.
Though rain is forecast for the remainder of the work week in Yucaipa, Saturday is predicted to be partly cloudy with a low of 37° and a high of 52°. Winds are estimated to be WSW at 12 mph and the possibility for rain is just 10 percent. But the weather is always subject to change especially this time of year in California so check on the weather forecast as Saturday nears if you plan to be part of Saturday’s Take a Hike Yucaipa!
For questions or additional information call Kristine Mohler, Yucaipa Trails and OpenSpace Committee member, at 909-648-5897.