- Legislation by Sen. Morrell Providing Financial Relief to Disabled Veterans Passed by State Senate
- San Bernardino County Museum Opens New Exhibit — Pulp Culture: A Juicy Tale in the Orange Empire
- City of Yucaipa Joins Calimesa in Celebrating Memorial Day at Desert Lawn Funeral Home
- City Now Accepting Community Activity Grant Applications for 2019/20 Grant Cycle
- Audition Dates for Yucaipa Little Theatre’s Musical “Annie” Set for May 28 and 29
Pickleball Anyone? Come Learn to Play This Easy-To-Learn Game For Free
Here’s your chance to learn a new game for free!
It’s the newest rage and it’s something kids (mostly those age seven and above), parents and even grandparents will enjoy playing. Pickleball is like playing ping pong without the table. Using a paddle and whiffle balls the game is a combination of badminton, tennis and table tennis.
The game can be played indoors or outdoors and can be played as doubles or singles. The rules are simple and the game is easy for beginners to learn. But, for experienced players it can develop into a quick, fast-paced, competitive game.
The city of Yucaipa is making free instruction available on Community Pickleball Day for residents of Yucaipa and Calimesa on Saturday, April 27. There will be light breakfast fare available including Starbucks coffee, paddles to borrow and families can play together.
Registration for free instruction begins at 9:00 AM in first‐ come‐first‐play order. Wear comfortable tennis shoes and bring a lawn chair so you watch the game being played by members of the Yucaipa Pickleball Club.
A short program will begin at 10:00 a.m. to welcome you to the new paddle sport. Yucaipa’s Third District San Bernardino County Board of Supervisor Dawn Rowe will be in attendance, as will Yucaipa Mayor Bobby Duncan, and various City Council members and School Board members. Plan to spend the day with us and learn about pickleball and just how fun it can be.
For questions regarding this event, contact the city of Yucaipa at: 909-797-2489.