- Legislation by Sen. Morrell Providing Financial Relief to Disabled Veterans Passed by State Senate
- San Bernardino County Museum Opens New Exhibit — Pulp Culture: A Juicy Tale in the Orange Empire
- City of Yucaipa Joins Calimesa in Celebrating Memorial Day at Desert Lawn Funeral Home
- City Now Accepting Community Activity Grant Applications for 2019/20 Grant Cycle
- Audition Dates for Yucaipa Little Theatre’s Musical “Annie” Set for May 28 and 29
Looking for a Family Outing Location? The Crestline Dam Retrofit is Complete and Ready for Summer
If the family is restless and in need of an outing—whether now or sometime this summer – consider a trek to the San Bernardino Mountain community of Crestline, especially now that the Crestline Dam and Lake Gregory have been retrofitted and is deemed safe.
The state’s division of Safety of Dams had previously declared the dam a “high hazard” and needed to be brought up to earthquake safety standards. That work in now complete after two year of construction. The $24.6 million project, funded by San Bernardino County, included a 40-foot earthen stabilization buttress to be built on the down stream side of the dam. The lake was also dredged to remove sediment which deepened the lake and provided for a much clearer lake.
A Lake Gregory Dam Completed Ceremony was held Friday, April 26 to recognize the dam’s completed construction and to salute the work by RockForce Construction. Numerous county officials and legislators attended the event including Yucaipa’s State Senator Mike Morrell (R-23rd District-Rancho Cucamonga).
“This is a huge milestone for the Crestline community,” said San Bernardino County Supervisor Janice Rutherford. “The unwavering support of the community has allowed us to successfully rehabilitate the dam, which was the first big step toward creating a better Lake Gregory.”
Lake Gregory is now – again – a great place to spend a summer day with family and friends lounging and playing in the water, enjoying a picnic meal and taking in the beauty of the local mountains. Consider a trip up the hill to visit Lake Gregory and the town of Crestline.