- OmniTrans Offering Third Year of 1 Summer Discount Fare for Youth Ages 18 Years and Younger
- San Bernardino County’s Footsteps2Brillance Summer Reading Challenge Now Underway
- Celebrating the Tax Advantages of Homeownership
- Hurry! Yucaipa’s 2019 Summer Youth Basketball Registration Extended Until Thursday, June 14
- CERT Training Returns to Yucaipa, Sign-Up Before June 17
Join the San Bernardino Valley Amateur Astronomers for a Cosmic Night Under the Stars
The San Bernardino County Museum (SBCM), in partnership with the San Bernardino Valley Amateur Astronomers (SBVAA), will host “Cosmic Nights” on Friday, April 12. This is a special opportunity to see the stars through telescope viewing and astronomy programming.
The upcoming event is one of four “Cosmic Nights” (the second of the year) being hosted in 2019. The outdoor event (weather permitting) will be held from 8 to 10 p.m. Guests are advised to wear comfortable clothing and shoes and to be prepared for a potentially cool evening.
Potential guests are encouraged to purchase tickets online prior to the event. Ticket prices are as follows: $10 for adults (plus a $2.24 fee), $8 for military personnel and seniors (plus a $2.12 fee), $7 for students with identification (plus a $2.06 fee), and $5 for children ages 5 to 12 (plus a $1.94 fee). Children under five are admitted free. Online tickets can be purchased at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cosmic-nights-april-star-parties-at-the-san-bernardino-county-museum-tickets-52547389657#tickets. The SBC Museum galleries will also be open during the star-gazing event and regular admission applies.
The SBC Museum is located at 2024 Orange Tree Lane in Redlands. The museum is accessible to persons with disabilities and parking is free. For additional information visit the museum at: www.sbcounty.gov/museum or by calling: 909-798-8605.