- Rep. Paul Cook to Hold Information Session for Students Interested in Attending Military Academies
- SPARC, Inc. hosts Back to School events at two Yucaipa Millennium Mobile Home Communities
- Yucaipa Rotary Seeks Entries for the 64th Annual Yucaipa Christmas Parade
- Community Calendar: September 17
- Yucaipa’s Rep. Paul Cook Votes for Improving Care for Veterans
Join “Take a Hike Yucaipa” this Saturday morning for a discovery hike
Looking for an outdoors, healthy family activity this weekend? You’re in luck! “Take a Hike Yucaipa” will host its next discovery hike this Saturday, Dec. 9 beginning at 9 a.m.
The hike will begin at the Soccer Complex at the Yucaipa Regional Park at 34232 Oak Glen Road by the horse corrals. The stroller and dog friendly trails are well groomed and suitable for all ages. The hike will travel through the regional park.
The popular website, Web MD, indicates that hiking is a powerful cardio workout. It can lower your risk of heart disease; improve your blood pressure and blood sugar levels; boost bone density; build strength in your glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings, and the muscles in your hips and lower legs; strengthen your core; improve balance; help with weight control; and, boost your mood. “Research shows that hiking has a positive impact on combating the symptoms of stress and anxiety,” says Gregory A. Miller, PhD, president of the American Hiking Society.
The weather forecast for Saturday’s hike is predicted to be party cloudy with no rain in the forecast. The high temperature for the day is expected to be 74 degrees. Hikers are encouraged to wear comfortable walking shoes and bring water. All dogs must be on leashes.
For additional information or any questions, please contact hike coordinator Kristine Mohler at 909-648-5897.