- Community Calendar: January 21
- YAPS and Yucaipa Lions to Host Tails and Trails Dog Walk to Raise Funds for Homeless Pets
- Make Plans to Attend the Yucaipa Chamber’s Annual Installation and Community Awards Banquet
- Riley’s Farm Owner Featured on Huckabee TV, Reviews Lawsuit for Expressing His Personal Opinions
- Parent Information Meetings Scheduled for Student Required Sex Ed and HIV/AIDS Prevention Classes
County Museum announces 2019 Dome Talks Speaker Series
The San Bernardino County Museum has announced the speakers for the 2019 Dome Talks series. The lineup of national authors and thought leaders address timely, serious, quirky, and critical issues.
Museum Director Melissa Russo remarked “Dome Talks has been a tremendous success bringing notable speakers to the San Bernardino County Museum. This upcoming third season of fascinating individuals promises discussions that will be stimulating, entertaining, and hopefully deeply thought provoking.”
The evening discussions are scheduled monthly from January through June.
- 17, Kirk W. Johnson, The Feather Thief: Beauty, Obsession, and the Natural History Heist of the Century
- 28, Richard Rothstein, The Color of Law: A Forgotten History of how Our Government Segregated America
- 28, Heather David, Motel California
- 25, Francis French, co-author of Falling to Earth: An Apollo 15 Astronaut’s Journey to the Moon
- May 30, Rue Mapp founder, Outdoor Afro, a nonprofit social community reconnecting African Americans with natural spaces through outdoor recreational activities
- June 20, Danna Staaf, Squid Empire: The Rise and Fall of the Cephalopods, an epic adventure spanning hundreds of millions of years
Dome Talks open at 6:30 p.m., presentations start at 7 p.m. and include book sale and signing where applicable.
Full Series Passes are on sale for $130 ($105 museum members) and include all six evenings. Tickets for individual evenings will go on sale December 14 for $25 each evening ($18 museum members, no discount applies for May 30) and are subject to availability as the Dome Talks theater has limited seating. Tickets can be purchased online at www.sbcounty.gov/museum or may be purchased at the Museum’s Guest Services Desk. Advance ticket purchase is strongly encouraged as walkups are not guaranteed. No refunds can be made for ticket purchases, but unused tickets may be donated to the nonprofit San Bernardino County Museum Association in advance of the date.
The San Bernardino County Museum is at 2024 Orange Tree Lane, at the California Street exit from Interstate 10 in Redlands.
The museum is open Tuesdays through Sundays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. General admission is $10 (adult), $8 (military or senior), $7 (student), and $5 (child aged 5 to 12). Children under five and Museum Association members are admitted free. Parking is free. For more information, visit www.sbcounty.gov/museum.