- Legislation by Sen. Morrell Providing Financial Relief to Disabled Veterans Passed by State Senate
- San Bernardino County Museum Opens New Exhibit — Pulp Culture: A Juicy Tale in the Orange Empire
- City of Yucaipa Joins Calimesa in Celebrating Memorial Day at Desert Lawn Funeral Home
- City Now Accepting Community Activity Grant Applications for 2019/20 Grant Cycle
- Audition Dates for Yucaipa Little Theatre’s Musical “Annie” Set for May 28 and 29
Cosmic Nights with the San Bernardino Valley Amateur Astronomers at the SBC Museum
Join the San Bernardino Valley Amateur Astronomers (SBVAA) as they share their knowledge at the upcoming Cosmic Nights event at the San Bernardino County (SBC) Museum this Saturday night (Sept. 21). This inaugural Star Party is a chance to view Mars, Saturn, Jupiter and Venus as well as the moon – a true “Planets on Parade” event.
Members of SBVAA will set up on the far west side of the museum building beginning at 7:30 p.m. This location will provide good road access, nearby parking and a great location for telescopes to have a wide view of the sky.
The museum is also offering some interactive astronomy-related inside the museum that night. Standard museum rates will apply for those attendees who wish to participate in these activities. SBC Museum general admission rates are: $10 for adults, $8 for military personnel and seniors, $7 for students with identification, and $5 for children ages 5 to 12. Children under five and Museum Association members are admitted free. The museum is accessible to persons with disabilities and parking is free.
The event takes place outdoors, weather permitting. Guests are advised to wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
The museum and the SBVAA plan to hold an evening astronomy-related event each quarter. The partnership between the two groups is designed to help SBVAA, founded in 1958, achieve their goal of introducing the community to astronomy, to organize amateur astronomers in the San Bernardino Valley area, and to increase knowledge and excitement in astronomy.
The San Bernardino County Museum is at 2024 Orange Tree Lane in Redlands. The museum can found online at: www.sbcounty.gov/museum or by calling: 909-798-8605.