- Junior Fishing Workshop planned for Mar. 7 at Yucaipa Regional Park
- Community Calendar: February 24
- Opportunities for toddlers, preschoolers at the Yucaipa branch, San Bernardino County Library
- Crafton Hills College names Dr. Delmy Spencer new VP of Student Services
- Prepare for Spring Landscaping Season
Civil War Days Coming to Calico Ghost Town
The annual Civil War Days is returning to Calico Ghost Town in Yermo, California Saturday, February 15 and Sunday, February 16.
History comes to life with this yearly tradition of reenacting battles of the 19th Century. Guests can view mock engagements, historic presentations, artillery demonstrations, or even inspections of the troops by President Abraham Lincoln.
There will also be crafts and other quieter activities for children who might not wish to be near the noise and excitement of battle.
Visitors can walk through camps to see the daily life of a soldier during the war and what types of conditions they faced or talk with the local blacksmith.
Admission is $10 for adults, $5 for children 4-11. Calico is open daily from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Calico Ghost Town is part of the San Bernardino County Regional Parks system. The park offers visitors an opportunity to share in its rich history and enjoy the natural beauty of the surrounding desert environment. Due to the historic nature of the town, not all areas are ADA accessible. Calico is located at 36600 Ghost Town Rd Yermo, CA. Camping on-site at Calico is available and can be booked by calling 1-877-387-2757.