- OmniTrans provides extensive transportation options in and around Yucaipa
- Senator Morrell to cohost annual Ark of Safety Forum on emergency preparedness
- Community Calendar: July 16
- Yucaipa Animal Placement Society recognizes Monica Harris as Volunteer of the Year
- Registration now open for Yucaipa’s 2018/2019 S.T.A.R.S. Program
Celebrate the 4th of July and Support YAPS at the Same Time
In horse racing a trifecta is a triple win. Have your own trifecta on the 4th of July by attending the Yucaipa Animal Placement Society (YAPS) 4th of July Block Party. You’ll have a spectacular view of the Yucaipa High School fireworks display, dinner and dessert under the setting sun and you’ll be able to help support the important work being done at YAPS.
Tickets for the event are $25 per person through June 30 and $30 at the door (if available.) Children ages 12 and under can attend and eat for free. Tickets will include dinner, dessert and soft drinks.
YAPS is a non-profit, no-kill animal shelter that strives to prevent the euthanasia of dogs and cats in shelters throughout the region by providing them a temporary safe haven until a permanent, loving home can be found. YAPS was founded in in 1957 by Yucaipian Betty Martines. The organization incorporated in 1973, built its current facility in 1983 and continues today to provide a temporary home for dogs and cats in need of their “furever” home.