- Community Calendar: January 21
- YAPS and Yucaipa Lions to Host Tails and Trails Dog Walk to Raise Funds for Homeless Pets
- Make Plans to Attend the Yucaipa Chamber’s Annual Installation and Community Awards Banquet
- Riley’s Farm Owner Featured on Huckabee TV, Reviews Lawsuit for Expressing His Personal Opinions
- Parent Information Meetings Scheduled for Student Required Sex Ed and HIV/AIDS Prevention Classes
All Ages Welcome at Yoga Class on Tuesday Nights
Looking for some gentle exercise to start the new year? Consider the yoga class offered by the city of Yucaipa on Tuesday nights from 6 to 7 p.m.
According to the American Osteopathic Association, yoga provides numerous physical health benefits. These include increased muscle strength/tone and flexibility; improved athletic performance, improved respiration, energy and vitality; and, maintaining a balanced metabolism. Yoga has also shown to aid in weight reduction, cardio and circulatory health and protection from injury.
“The relaxation techniques incorporated in yoga can lessen chronic pain, such as lower back pain, arthritis, headaches and carpal tunnel syndrome,” explains Natalie Nevins, DO, a board-certified osteopathic family physician in Hollywood and yoga instructor. “Yoga can also lower blood pressure and reduce insomnia.”
Yucaipa’s yoga class will be taught by instructor Robert Ashton and held at the Scherer Community Center at 12202 First Street in Yucaipa. Registration is not required for this class which costs $5 per session and all ages are welcome. For additional information call: 909-797-1177.